When planning for the new year, COVID-19 is inevitably presenting business owners with a few hurdles to jump through. Although we have been living with this global pandemic for the last 9+ months, we are still learning, and doing our best to make an educated guess as to what changes the next year will bring.
At PSI, we are proud to be in a position to grow. Our vast experiences in the field of technology and recruiting have provided us with the mindset to constantly learn and evolve. PSI has always had a flexible work schedule, which made our transition to a fully remote environment easier than it may have been for others. We transitioned our weekly meetings to zoom calls so we could continue to touch base with our teams. Open communication is a key priority no matter what the physical work environment looks like. We also encourage out-of-the-box thinking. As many in-person opportunities for our sales and recruiting teams were put to a halt, we quickly pivoted to come up with unique alternatives such as:
- Bringing video emails into the mix
- Creating technical screenings to show a level of aptitude in our candidates
- Video interviews
- Enhanced online presence and utilization of social media marketing
Most importantly, though, our team remained patient and diligent. At no point did we accept how things were. We constantly racked our brains for ways to do more, and to do better.
As we head into the new year with optimism for change and a return to life as we previously knew it, we realize things will never be quite the same. We know we have to continue to adapt. And since it is the season of giving, we want to share some of our plans with our valued partners. As businesses struggle to find new ways to operate during this challenging time, we want you to know PSI is here for you to help you prepare for whatever the future might bring.
Tips to prepare for 2021:
- Complete your annual/quarterly evaluations for your employees.
- Don’t forget to continue doing a QBR (quarterly business review) for all of your clients.
- Take care of things you’ve been putting off.
- Plan ways to boost employee morale – set goals with your team members and celebrate the small things.
- Plan your marketing and promotions for the new year. Marketing looks different during a pandemic – focus on your digital presence and social media.
- Finalize your remote work strategy (if it hasn’t been yet). We know right now that at least a portion of 2021 will be spent in remote work environments where it is possible. Make sure your communication plan is in place.
- Put the finishing touches on your 2021 budget and share your changes with the whole team.
- Learn the lessons from 2020 and be sure to include various COVID-19 set backs into your plan.
- Conduct a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis so you can appropriately create a plan of action.
- Don’t forget to have a little fun! Set a Zoom call with your team members, or family and friends for the holidays. Make it fun by doing a game and making it interactive for all!
Thank you for your support throughout this tumultuous year. We wish you and yours a safe holiday and happy new year.
For more information on our services and how we can help your business succeed, visit us here.